Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Going Green

There are many things that our family is doing to go Green. My mom changed all regular lights in the house. Instead of having regular yellow bulbs we now have white florescent lights. The florescent light uses up less electricity. At first I did not like the lights because the lights are not as bright as the regular light bulbs. But as time passed I got used to the lights. My father also likes the bulbs because he is paying a little less on the electricity bill.
We as a family cut down on driving the car. We feel that all less car on the road can cause less pollution. Now we walk a little more. This has benefited the family. My father has lost seven pounds in the last two months. Since the gas price went high we also save in the pumps. Event though it is a low to recycle now, we always recycled. My mom always had two different cans in the house, one for garbage and one for plastic.

No comments: